Re: RC: Re: Amblin', not Foxtrottin'

My arab mare, (1/2 Polish some Egyptian and domestic) doesw a very smooth
thing in deep sand. Have never been on the ground so I don't know what it is,
feels like a singlefoot gait.  I haven't been able to make her do it on
purpose, darn!  She is also very surefooted.  One time in our earlier days
she got ahead of me (flat out ran away with me) down a steep hill that was
rocky and sandy in different spots.  She never missed a step.  She also can
step in a hole and shift her weight off that leg instantly (I saw the hole
too late at a fast trot) and I only felt a tiny booble to know that she
actually hit the hole.  She also can outwalk any horse I've ever ridden with.
 Trained her to walk faster so she wouldn't jig (which she did the whole
first two months I rode her--everywhere)  I tried to get her to gait using
some of the suggestions on Ridecamp, but she only does it at HER convenience.

Jeri and Misty Moon (the movin' machine!)