Re:dogs at rides

I was at a workshop once with a big appy gelding who hated dogs.

Offloaded Spot and got to work cleaning and tacking him.

The lady in charge came round with her two big dogs and I warned her 'Spot
hates dogs.'

She laughed and said that her dogs were used to being around horses.

I shrugged and got back to work.  Maybe five minutes later, I'm going for
my saddle in the back of my truck and look up just in time to see the dogs
coming back, Spot lining up his shot, and then taking that shot, aiming for
the corner pocket in the back forty.  Whole thing took less than the time
it took for me to draw enought breath to yell a warning.

Well, the one dog that got hit went end over end over end, blood all over
the place.

The lady in charge was screaming 'My baby! My baby! My baby!'

I thought for sure Spot had killed him.

Turns out he'd bitten right through his tongue.  Damn lucky he didn't break
his neck.

Never been back to that rancho.

Anyhoo, just my 2 cents worth, loose kids, bikes and dogs should be left at
home, or contained with a list of rules to keep the explosions to a minimum.

Now, you people play nice, or I'll bring my guard llama and some sheep to a
trailride and then you'll see a *real* explosion.