Re: [Enduranceriders] Computer problem

My key board locked up on me last nite during the "chat" thing.  Hehehehe...it was because a sunflower seed shell had fallen into the keys and got the space bar stuck!!!  My dinner consisted of sunflower seeds and a couple of Tequizas.  I dont drink very often, but, that 109 degree weather caused me a powerful thirst!  They (the 2 drinks) were soooooo goooood! :-)   gesa
-----Original Message-----
From: Lif Strand <fasterhorses@gilanet.com>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>; horsemanofftopic <horsemanofftopic@egroups.com>; NewMexico Riders <-NewMexicoRiders@egroups.com>; Bode, Jeff <jeff@wallsofthewild.com>; Land, Dave <xmechanic@wnmc.net>
Date: Thursday, June 15, 2000 7:55 PM
Subject: [Enduranceriders] Computer problem

OK, here's one for you.  My icons flip out now after a few minutes of turning on the computer.  (Win98 OS)   They either all become the same, disappear, or change form & color.  Certain ones always do the same thing.  Sometimes I can just continue merrily on, sometimes eventually the keyboard locks up.  I will experiment to see if this only happens when I'm online - right now I am & the only other program running is Eudora & all the icons in the lower right of the window are the same, but none of the ones on the lower left have changed.  Other changes & not changes are too many to report  but they're all over my computer.  Thisl happens when I've got a browser open, when a browser isn't open ,if I'm offline or online.  I just haven't experimented yet to see if it happens when there's no internet related program at all open.

Mostly this is just annoying, but sometimes the keyboard locks up and even alt/control/delete won't work, so I just have to turn off the whole damn computer.  I've run virus checks & apparently there's nothing wrong that way.  Anyone heard of this problem?  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609