Re: RC: Great American Horserace

At 11:17 AM 6/15/00 -0400, maggie wrote:
I talked to a lady this morning who asked if I knew anyone who rode in the Great American Horse Race way back when. She rode her Apps in it and wanted to talk about old times with anyone else who was there.

Assuming the woman you talked to has a first name of Sandy (using her email address), I went through the official rider list for the GAHR (May 31, 1976.  The only  Sandy was Sandy Buss.   She finished 29th, riding a 6 y.o.  Appy mare & a 7 y.o Appy gelding.  My info is from the book "The Great American Horse Race of 1976" by Curtis Lewis & Dennis Underwood.  Great book, fantastic photos, & our copy is autographed by the winner, Virl Norton.

Just going through the rider list, I see only one name that leaps out at me of anyone on Ridecamp that was entered - Tom Sites.  He finished 28th.

What an adventure it was.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609