Re: RC: Re: Re: Breeds

I guess the main difference for me is that Arabs tend to be more reactionary
and sensitive. That's not bad, but I like my horses because they think
before they act, which has saved my bacon numerous times. My Arab is as
sweet as can be, and watches out for me, but everything seems 100 times more
"real" and he reacts much quicker. My guys are no slow pokes, when I'm
conditioning, I have only one friend with an Arab that can keep up. We go
pretty even, and she is now going to try some rides next year. I told her
she ought to, after all, she'd doing all the work to get in her shape! My
guys actually may have too much heart, I have to manage them because my mare
would run till she fell over dead if I asked. After several years of this,
she is finally learning to take care of herself more. And you will note that
is aid above,  "most", and not all. A good horse is a good horse.

Helga Loncosky
Archival Morgan Record
http://home.att.net/~a_m_r/index.html
Beacon Morgan Horses, Ltd.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/5292/
hblmh@ptd.net
No heaven can heaven be, if my horse isn't there to welcome me.

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.