From: Rides 2 Far [mailto:rides2far@juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 11:38 AM
To: mountss@usfca.edu
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: electrolyting on the trail

>With all the discussion of the importance of frequent electrolyte
>doses, I>wonder if people would discuss how they handle the logistics
of>administering electrolytes on the trail?  If you don't use pre-mixed
>paste>electrolytes, what do you do?

I was carrying an empty syringe and a film canister of
electrolytes...then mixing with water on the trail.  It was the pits,
difficult to mix with him dragging me around, and he spit most of it out.
 Last ride I just mixed up my usual dose in applesauce, put the cap on,
then put the whole thing inside a baggie in case it leaked.  Rode with it
sticking out the back of my fanny pack and had no trouble administering
it on the trail.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.