Re: RC: Malik's first 50 (or 40)

Thanks, Heidi.  I am so surprised that I feel so good about a pull!  It was
a great 40 miles though and I learned soooooo much about my horse (and
myself...).  It was hard for Jenny to admit she should pull her horse.  The
vet would have let her go on and I am sure we could have found a sponsor
for her.  She was disappointed but talking about it the next day, I was
surprised at how much insight she gained from it. I told her that I will
not always be with her forever as a sponsor and someday she may have to
make the decision to pull herself.  What is it Spock said?  Sometimes, the
needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many.  Something like that.
Always, we must put our horse's well being ahead of our own desires (top
ten or first or whatever!).  I think Jenny is learning....one fellow made a
great comment!  He said there are really only two classes of riders, those
who have been pulled and those who haven't been pulled yet!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657