No Subject

Well here's a novel idea. Since you already HAVE a QH, if it is sound,
healthy and reasonably fit why not try a short (LD or CTR) ride with it?? If
the horse has proven to be controllable in exciting situations, just go with
the idea of taking it slow & learning what it's about. If you have doubts,
go to the closest  ride as a volunteer. Maybe help put up ribbons or
volunteer to take them down. Work in the vet check. Once you get a few rides
under your belt you'll answer your own question, knowledgably based on what
YOU want to do.
We to a real disservice to endurance riding (and people wanting to start
out) when we tell people they have to go buy an Arab to get started.
Especially if they already own another breed of horse. Too often the (new
Arab) horse has the metabolic ability to go too fast, too soon, before the
beginning owner has a clue about all the things that can go wrong.
What other sport advises beginners they have to go out and buy all the best
new equipment before they can start? Most go the borrowed or used route till
they see if they like it!
Off soapbox now.
Nancy Mitts