Humidity appreciation trip

I just returned from 5 days spent between Dallas and Houston, once again
experiencing the humidity you all have down south (and it wasn't even hot
by their standards -- 85+ (however, this is hot by my standards anywhere!))
 I didn't ride anywhere this trip since I was at a family reunion and
father-in-law's 80th birthday...but I kept trying to imagine myself doing
anything more strenuous than a walk and nearly fainted at the thought! ;-)
I lived for 30 years in Minnesota so I've had some experience with hot and
humid but I was a water rat at the time (lived on a lake) and not concerned
with riding of any kind, let alone long distances!

How do you all do it????  What kind of electrolyte program do you have
yourself on?  What are your tricks for handling this kind of weather?  I've
turned into a bit of a weather weenie living here in western Washington for
so many years. ;-)

I have 2 days of cool weather appreciation, then head to San Francisco for
5 days.  It should be less humid there...I hope!  I'll be able to get Blaze
out for a ride tomorrow, but then he gets to hang out in the pasture again
for another week!  My whole month of June is messed up for riding -- I'm
holding out for July right now! <bg>  (Actually the schedule returns to
normal June 22nd.)

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm