Re: RC: Stirrups facing the wrong way

>Does anyone know where I can get some of those stirrup rotator
>thingies? My stirrups jab into my feet because the fenders of my
>bighorn saddle force the stirrups to lie 90 degrees inward. I remember
>reading about some gadgets that rotate the stirrups to the direction
>the rider's foot is facing.

The rotater thingies will kill your leg.  Soak the bottom half of your
fenders and stirrup leathers in buckets of water, then take an ax handle
or baseball bat, turn the stirrups till they're in the correct position
(actually sort of past it) and put the bat through it.  They'll be TURNED
permanently when they dry.  It'll take a bit of oil to get the stiffness
out afterwards.  If you're short, the fenders on the big horn are too
long and don't allow the leather to turn very well and it's tough on your
ankles.  I had a guy trim the top of the fenders off for Bekki Crippen
since she's about 4'10", then we were able to let more stirrup leather
hang down below it.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.