Re: RC: Breed of Horse

Cindy,

A lot depends on your goals. If your goals are to win rides then you probably want to stick to Arabs.  If your goals are to put lots of miles on a horse going down the trail at a reasonable pace and enjoying it, then a well conformed horse with
a good cardiovascular system of the correct muscle type of just about any breed can be selected. I ride both walkers and Arabs. I've completed on both breeds. The one thing about the Arab is they can be whipped into shape faster than the non
Arab breeds. There is good news and bad news to that. The bad news is they can easily do a ride before the legs are ready to do the ride.

The good thing about a walker is your ride is a lot smoother and you are in much more of a party mood after the ride than on an Arab.  The final good thing about a walker is "they are not an Arab" so you don't have to deal with the more often
than not  PITA Arab characteristics.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com