From: David LeBlanc [mailto:dleblanc@mindspring.com]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 9:00 AM
To: SandyDSA@aol.com; ridecamp@endurance.net
Cc: webmaster@fsr.net
Subject: RC: RC SITE

At 11:21 AM 6/12/00 EDT, SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:
>Yikes! Is it me or is everyone having trouble getting into Ridecamp?

The server is screwed up.  It is live, I can resolve it (i.e., the computer
can look up www.endurance.net and translate it into the number that it
needs to make a connection), and I can ping it.

However, it is not accepting connections on any port that I can find, so
not only is the web server down, it seems a lot of the rest of it is down,
too.

>haven't been able to access it at all for 4 days now. Weird.

I don't know who the provider is, but this is ridiculous.  Here's what you
do - this is the contact information contained in whois -

Domain Name: ENDURANCE.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
   Hostmaster  (HOS5-ORG)  hostmaster@FSR.COM
   Hostmaster
   405 South Main St.
   Moscow, ID 83843
   US
   (208) 882-8869
Billing Contact:
   Receivable, Accounts  (AR334)  billing@FSR.COM
   First Step Research
   405 South Main
   Moscow, ID 83843
   (208) 882-8869

Now, the e-mail addresses here go to someone having something to do with
the site - esp. the first one.  The phone numbers do the same thing.  Hmmm
- FSR's web site works...

There is additional contact information at
http://www.fsr.net/contact/default.asp

I would suggest >8-) that anyone who is really curious about why they have
let our site be down for 4 DAYS either give them a call, or perhaps e-mail
one of the contacts listed above, and inquire politely why they have let
our server stay down for this length of time, and what they plan on doing
about it.  I'm also curious what they do for monitoring so that their ops
people have a clue when client's servers take a dive.

Hmmm - the same outfit runs the AERC site, too.  It's hosted on the same
server, along with 4 other sites:

Name:    landshark.fsr.com
Address:  207.141.24.186

Name:    natrc.trailriding.com
Address:  207.141.24.154

Name:    www.easyboot.com
Address:  207.141.24.176

Name:    www.doublejoy.com
Address:  207.141.24.85

Name:    www.endurance.net
Address:  207.141.24.86

Name:    www.aerc.org
Address:  207.141.24.87

There's also some minor security issues going on with this site that
enabled me to find out all this stuff - webmaster - please contact me
offline, and I'll be happy to help - no huge problem, just some port
filters that need tweaking.

David LeBlanc
dleblanc@mindspring.com