Re: RC: Learning how to fall off...

At 09:46 PM 6/11/00 -0700, B.E. Jackson wrote:
Has anyone out there actually taken lessons (such as in vaulting or trick riding) to learn how to safely bail off a horse?

Sure did, and they were really great lessons!  My instructor when I was a kid insisted on our learning how to get off at at all gaits (well, not the gallop) & made us practice it till it was automatic.  Good thing, cause I've used it!  The most important trick to remember about bailing off is to kick your feet out of the stirrups *before* leaving the horse's back!  Very important!  Only once I haven't done that (the horse was bucking & I wasn't really thinking straight) and I spent a while in bed after that episode.  I also always kick my feet out of the stirrups before dismounting and it has been a good habit to have.    Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609