Buying horses over the internet.

Last year there was a thread about all of the bad experiences that people
had attempting to purchase or sell horses over the internet.  I just got
back from picking up a horse I purchased from an advertisement in
endurance.net.  The whole experience  has been great.

The horse was honestly represented.  I paid the asking price without
haggling, so I don't believe the seller would see things any differently
than I do.  Several people on Ridecamp recommended vets for a prepurchase.
I picked one.  He vetted the horse quickly for a reasonable fee.  The owner
did a lot of telephoning trying to find transport.      Because no quick
transport was available, we met at a polo match in Peoria and I picked up
the horse.   By the way, the polo club was great.  Even though we weren't
actually involved in the game, the hostess invited us to dinner after the
match.  We all swapped horse stories much longer than I had intended.

Of course I really won't know how good the horse is until we have a year or
two of competition under our belts, but I think he will be fine.  He is in
condition so we will be doing our first UMECRA CTR next Sunday at SE
Minnesota.  It is great to be able to ride a 50 endurance on Saturday, and
start a new horse on a slow 25 the next day.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016
sisufarm@mmmpcc.org