Layover Advice

Dear Fellow Ridecampers:

I'm trying to plan my trip to Tevis, and have never gone far enough on
the road yet to have to layover.  I'm starting from the northeast corner
of New Mexico, get on I-25, up through Colorado, then head west on 80.
I figure the first night might be around Laramie, or a little further,
and the next night at some reasonable distance in between there and
Auburn.  I believe the whole trip ia about 1400 miles.  Any advice about
good places to stay?  I'm planning on leaving home on July 1st.

Thanks for your help!

Anna