Re: RC: Re: ice boots

I remember years ago when I decided I wanted to start riding endurance I went to the Race Track to learn leg work and lameness and how to take care of the different types of lameness.  I had just finished Nursing School and went and worked at the race track (La Downs) as a groom for the race season. (My husband was ready to kill me)

When I started riding endurance, after each ride I would give my horses a full massage on each leg, clay the leg with a wet paper rap and then wrap the legs for the trip home.  I, also, clayed the sole of the feet.  People came up to me and asked me what was wrong with my horse!  How things have changed over the years.

My daughters and I, and the numerous other Juniors I had in toll rode many of miles with only one serious leg injury (pulled tendon).  Whether our horses need the leg work or not, I felt it was worth the caution by taking good care of my endurance horses and ponies and I made sure the Juniors that were with me were taught the same way.

Nan

On Thu, 08 June 2000, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/8/00 8:57:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> bluewolfranch@yahoo.com writes:
>
> <<  Most checks are in an inaccessible location
>  where the only water source is a pond or stream. >>
>
> But-but-but--that's the IDEAL source of cool water, especially the stream!
> We kill for campsites with nearby streams, and the horses are always lined up
> in the stream after the ride getting their cool hydrotherapy...  The cool
> water completely surrounds the legs, and even in the pond where the water is
> not moving much, the sheer mass of water provides a constant cooling effect.
>
> Heidi

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go