Re: RC: water tank fish??

At 07:45 PM 6/7/00 -0600, Dot Wiggins wrote:
Have always heard that fish in the water tanks would help keep them clean.  True?
If so,  what kind,  how many,  how big does the tank have to be?

We have ordinary "feeder" goldfish in our tanks.  They don't eat mosquito larvae (drat it) but do a great job of keeping the tanks clear of algae.  We bought 25 last year & spread them between one 3000 gal tank (our neighbor rancher's stock tank), a 300 gal tank & 150 gal tank and I think a 50 gal or so tank of ours.  Don't know how many survived the winter in the 3000 gal tank, but around Jan. I spotted one that was about 8" long!  Who knows how many others there are.  We put about 10 in the 300 gal tank, 3 survived and are about 3".  None survived in the other two tanks.

We recently put 2 fish in each of the two smaller tanks and this time around they are OK.  Goldfish thrive in colder rather than warmer water.  We don't supplement feed them.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609