Re: RC: Spanish Arabs?

mlaboure@flash.net writes:

<< Can anyone tell me any of the characteristics of a Spanish Arab? >>
    I can't tell you any common characteristics of Spanish bred Arabs.
Mainly because I don't pay much attention to blood lines.  But my horse
"Katie Bar The Door" is part Spanish bred.  She is very big bodied but is
only 60 1/2" tall.  She is not big boned nor has big large hoofs. She weights
into a race about 920lbs.  Some people ask me if Katie is part quarter horse.
 I like an Arab about this size.  My husbands horse "Ima Liberated Lady" is
about the same size.
    Katie was started at 5 yrs old, she is now just turned 9 last month and
has 4,000 miles. She won 2nd Regional Mileage Championship for 1998 & 1999 in
the Pacific Southwest and 9th place National Championship for the same years.
    I'm still riding Katie, but do to relocation of our ranch and business we
have cut down the rides this year.  I also feel that we should take it a
little easier this year and give our horses a break.  (and our pocket book)!
Good luck on your horse to be.  It should work out if you like the
conformation and mind.  After all, that's what counts.  "The horse itself."

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269