Difficult Horse

Traci Traci135@aol.com
I am working with my horse I have had for two years now and
I would like to try endurance with her.  She has actually
done a 30 with her previous owner.  My problem with this
horse is that she is out of control when taken out of her home
environment. I am pretty sure that she will not stand still
long enough for someone to take her pulse and I have read about
standing in line for vet checks.  I am sure this will be a
major problem for her and I and everyone close by.  If you have
had a horse like this, I would appreciate any pointers on how
to help my horse deal with new situations.  I would prefer not
to sell her and find a new horse as she has basically become
like one of my children now but I can't take her somewhere and
put someone at risk of injury. (plus I do not like making myself
look foolish) I do think she has the ability to overcome this nervousness.  I just need some ideas. (maybe a story so I dont
feel so alone!)