Re: What foot gear do you ride in?

This is a variation of a fear that I first heard in the 50's when some
factory worker friends were complaining about having to wear steel toed
shoes.  This type of fear shows up whenever a safety item is proposed i. e.
Seat belts will trap me in the car if it catches on fire, a helmet will
break my neck etc.

Many years ago I looked up the ANSI standard for protective toe work shoes
(they now are available in fiberglass as well as steel).  I can't remember
the number of tons they must resist, but if your foot experienced a crushing
force which would crush the protective toe it would be completely crushed
whether or not the toe collapsed.  The moral is wear protective shoes,
eyeglasses, seat belts, and helmets and live long and prosper.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016
sisufarm@mmmpcc.org