RE, RC: Russian Arabs

   I don't believe Russian arabs mature physically any later or slower than
their Egyptian counter parts.  My Russian/Crabbit guy (gelding) is now 4 years
old and 15-1 (stick). At a year and 4 months he was 13-2 and so on. I think they
all reach most of their height around 4-4.5 years old but continue some growing;
only one or maybe two inches; until 6 or 7 years.  His sire and dam were 14-3
and 14-2 respectively.  His breeder told me that his sire always bred colts that
grew bigger than the sire and dam but the philly's were always smaller.  There
are relationships between certain bones, I believe the cannon, and the horses
adult height, but I cannot remember the numbers.  My only experiance is with my
own horses but I am not a breeder.  Some other folks may have better insight in
the matter.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
note:JR- OOOH DADDY, do I really to come home? Oh,tall grass again!
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don & Linda Pollock & JR n Bay Star
end:vcard