RC Farrier question

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

RDshoe4U is correct.
Take the heels down & shorten the toe.
Your horse has what's called under-run or crushed heels.
The heels are shot forward and the bulbs are probably
stuck way out behind.

Depending on how long they've been like that, will depend
how drastic & how much you can cut the toe back. The toe may
have to be cut back in stages.

I have a 1250 lb horse who's heels will under-run if he
isn't re-set & heels trimmed back every 6 weeks max.

His feet were so bad when I got him, he couldn't keep
front shoes on for more than a few days.  It took a few months
of being barefoot, with trims every 3 weeks before he stopped
over-reaching, and landing toe first.

Barb