australian saddles - pads and girths

Lysane Cree lysanec@yahoo.ca
Hello,

For those of you who ride in Australian saddles, what would
you say is the best type of pad to use with it? I have not yet bought
the saddle but will be in the coming week. I have been
looking at all-purpose type saddle pads. I have always ridden
in a Western saddle, so I don't know too much about the different
qualities, materials, etc. for all-purpose pads and how
well they fit under the Australian saddle as opposed to a
"standard" all purpose saddle. Any help, insight, advice, etc.
will be much appreciated. The only girth I have right now
is a neoprene SMx which I had used with my western saddle. I am
assuming that a standard English girth will work on the
Australian saddle, but I am undecided about going with leather,
neoprene, or something else. Any preferences?

Lysane