LD riders

Julie Sears Read2meagain@aol.com
I just finished doing my first 25 at Camp FAr West.  This may not sound like a big deal, BUT I have over 4000 endurance miles,( I know this isn't much compared to some) 50s, 70s, 100's and multiday rides.  This is the first time I entered to do a 25.  I have read so many posts concerning LD riders how rude they are and don't know what they are doing and some believe they shouldn't even be allowed on same trail as "endurance riders".  Well I rode in middle of pack and I will say everyone I encountered was very courteous.  I can't say for front runners of 25 but where I was everyone was very friendly and helpful.  If I was off the trail fixing tack or whatever riders would stop and ask if I needed help. I know this is only one ride, but all the rides I have been to in over 14 years of endurance riding I can truthfully say I have yet to meet a 25 mile rider that I felt should not be allowed to ride.  O, yes, I have met 50's and 25's that could use a tune up in the manners department and trail courteousy, but I don't think it is right to give all LD riders a bum rap. I will be riding LD for awhile due to recovering injuries but I don't feel I'm better then them(LDs) because I was an "endurance rider" for 14 years and now am a "Limited Distance" rider! So let's get off there backs for awhile.  Let them have the fun and respect that 50+ mile riders get!  This is America and we all are equal.
Julie