strangles

Whitney Hanson wynasib@mindspring.com
Yesterday, a horse at my barn was diognosed with strangles. My horse does not have it, at least not yet. I have not noticed any signs of him having the desease but then again I am no expert. My horse is turned out with the sick horse and drinks out of the same water bucket. Fortunately, my horse is 12 years old and extremely fit and healthy. I think these traits will help him fight the sickness if he does get it. Well anyway, my question was, if my horse gets strangles should I keep (endurance) training him or should I just plesure ride him for a month or so? Maybe it would be best just to give him a month off. If you know the answer to my question or know anything about strangles please e-mail me. Thanks Again.

Whitney Hanson
(SE junior endurance rider)