Re: RC: Re: Horses Living Outside

In a message dated 5/31/00 6:58:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tracey@tbt.co.za
writes:

<< Now it's winter, and when I left for work at 6:30 am, it was four degrees
 below 0C, so I guess mine are gonna have to live with being stabled from
 4:30 pm to 8:30 am. >>

Heck, that ain't cold!  That's only about 25 F, which we get on spring (and
sometimes even summer!) nights here routinely.  Ours are out full-time even
in sub-zero Fahrenheit, but with free feed hay and juniper wind breaks, and
they thrive on it.  I'd be far more inclined to suggest being in for the
reasons you named in the summer...

Heidi