Anhidrosis

At 10:39 PM 5/30/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Sarah,
>
>someone on RC mentioned that you are researching horses that don't sweat
>now. is that true?  thought your primary field was nutrition.
>
>Mike

Hi, Mike. I was planning to post a reply to this but
hadn't gotten around to it yet.

I was working with Ray LeRoy years ago on testing his ONE-AC
product which is a nutritionally based supplement for
anhidrotic horses. It worked in about 80% of the cases that we
used it on. He has the formula patented.
His E-mail is:r.leroy@worldnet.att.net.
Some cases of anhidrosis appear to be due to water/electrolyte
deficits, and these should be investigated first. But if water and
electrolyte intakes
are fine, it sure is worth giving the ONE-AC a try. All it is  is a mix
of amino acids and trace minerals that are involved in dopamine synthesis.
Dopamine
causes vasodilation that increases sweat production. The product is safe and
has not had adverse effects to my knowledge in the 10 years it's been on
the market. We have had some really dramatic successes. I even had my old
horse on it last summer when it was so hot.

Sarah and Fling (Why do you keep riding me after dark? I think I can get us
over Sherman's gap before sunset...)