Re: RC: Fw: bugs

In a message dated 5/30/00 3:33:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
maggisar@bright.net writes:

<< My mom sent me this. Didn't I read somewhere that Deet is bad? >>

Most everything is bad in sufficient quantities.  And knowing the social
climate in our country, I'm sure someone has likely published somewhere about
the "badness" of Deet, too...  One must weigh the use of ANYTHING
(pesticides, aspirin, choclate cake) and the quantities involved in terms of
both risk and benefit.  (I dearly love chocolate cake, BTW, but on one
occasion, I watched an obese friend eat 2-1/2 chocolate cakes virtually in
one sitting--yep, the big, round, layer style--and at that quantity and under
those circumstances, I guess I'd have to label chocolate cake as "bad,"
too...)

Heidi