Trailor Tie ?

I am looking at the TrailorTie and Sky hook systems and have some questions
for those of you out there that are currently using one or the other.  The
installation instructions for both recommend that they be attached to a
vertical support at least 4' away from the front or back of the trailer.
The only support on my trailer is only 2'3" from the back.  Would this be
dangerous in that the horse could get around the back of the trailer?  Also
they recommend a height of at least 7'6" and mine is only 7'3" tall.  Would
this be a serious problem.  My trailer is a Circle J two horse straight
load.   Have any of you dealt with this, do I just have to rule out using an
overhead system?

Thanks for any info you can share.
Julie