too much electro-lytes?

Hi Everybody,

I often hear about horses with electro-lyte imbalances at rides. People not giving their horses enough or often enough. On the average Saturday ride I give electro-lytes on Thursday night, Friday night, early Saturday morning, at the first vet check( if it's hot and we're going fast), at lunch at the finish and upon arrival home. This is all assuming my horse is drinking fine and we're completing the ride. I don't know the exact ingredients in the brand I use. I have never heard any talk of giving too much electro-lytes, is it possible? I know that giving electro-lytes to a seriously dehydrated horse who is not drinking is....well, dumb. But assuming your horse is fine metabollicly (forgive the spelling) can you give them too much?

Jennifer & Tucker

Do You Yahoo!?