Re: RC: Home brew electrolytes

>People are writing asking for "my" recipe.  It's the very old Ridgeway
>recipe.

Somebody wrote and asked what the Mylanta is for.  I accidentally deleted
their post, and since I'm getting lots of private posts on here I'll
answer to the list if you don't mind.  I use the Mylanta for a very good
reason....I heard Steve Rojek uses it. >bg<  Actually, I've heard several
people added it to the mixture to prevent stomach upset.  I happened to
have a bottle and it makes me feel very scientific to add a touch of this
and a dab of that.  I've heard some use all Mylanta and no applesauce.
Roger said something about there being an ingredient in Mylanta that
could be counterproductive, but so far so good.  I still like Applesauce
because it shoots pretty far back in his mouth and stays there.

For those internationals who asked, Tums is just Calcium Carbonate
tablets used as an antacid for humans.

Let me say here that I know NOTHING about chemistry, research in this
field, etc. etc. etc.  Just started with this recipe back when it was all
there was, tried the other, accidentally ran out and went back to this
and stayed there.  If anyone who's knowledgable wants to prove I
shouldn't use it, I'm open... I'm in NO place to tell people what to use.
 Just relaying what I am using.

Angie