nsh horses

alex marx marxa@bellsouth.net
I am looking to buy an endurance prospect and have my eye on this calm, great moving 14.3 National Show Horse mare.  I want to work up to do Old Dominion.  She is fairly small, but has 7 1/2 inch cannons and good conformation with a fabulous temperament.  my question is this:  traditionally, how well do these NSH do in endurance competition?  Am I better off to go with a full blooded Arab, or could this little gal take me to the top?  Thanks!  Alex