Re: RC: RE: Re: Castle Rock Ride/dogs

--- Kathy Mayeda <kathy_mayeda@atce.com> wrote:
\> I just wish some of the mountain bikers in this
park
> could be leashed!!!
> Most of them are cool,  but there are a few that
> think nothing of coming up
> behind a horse downhill at speed without warning!
>
> Kathy!

I take it upon myself to talk to the bikers and get
their attention and explain to them that it can be
hard for us to control our horse's instincts, when
something silent and fast comes our way and that
simply talking to us lets our mounts know that they
are people and not to worry.  This helps.  Don't be
shy.  Horse related accidents, as a result of bikers
ignorance, are not pretty and there is a liability
involved.

=====
She