Re: loose salt (was: No Sweat)

I live in hot, often dry, Texas.   My horses (just pasture horses, no work)
don't seem to really want any salt---the only salt they will lick is the
sulfur salt--they totally ignore white salt and mineral salt blocks.    I
have figured that they must be getting salt through the grass somehow (is
that too far-fetched???)   I have tried some free choice mineral/salt----it
got snarfed up by the goats and essentially ignored by the horses.    Do I
need to force these guys to eat some salt???
  Claudia