Re: RC: weighting saddles

Have to admit I think this is a worthy topic of discussion for the sport.
Carrying more weight over distance just had to be a HUGE disadvantage.   If
'handicapping' a flat racer with 5 -10 # makes a difference over a mile, what
would happen to a strong running endurance horse carrying a HW, if he were
ridden by someone 40 lbs lighter?   Our current system seems to acknowledge
that in the points, but not in the "wins"   I wonder if we should be taking
it into consideration more?  Has this been beat to death on RC previously?
pat farmer