weighting saddles

Okay I have to protest a smidgen here. I am not flaming anyone....okay maybe
a little. But this is a bit of a peeve here. Why would someone want to use
weights??? I would hope only for training. But if someone was going to use
them on a ride I would have to ask why? So you can go up in a wieght
division and get an advantage? But there I have to ask my logical self is
that fair to the horse. The horse is used to carrying you.
So here are the questions I have.
1) Are they using weights as a training device?
2) Are they using weights as an advantage to get into a higher wieght
division?
3) If they are trying to get into a higher weight division why not pack on
some wieght the honest way???
4) I personally Boarder between heavy and middle.. does this mean I can Puke
my guts out before a ride for a few days and go to middle??
5) I have to also wonder what is the purpose of heavy, middle and light
weight divisions? If we are doing that maybe we should start handicappiing!
I am not criticizing but can you imagine what that would mean to some of the
great ones?
6) A further take on handicapping hey why not let us use other peoples
horse?? There is a handicap for you. "HEY VALERIE CAN I BUM JEDI FROM
YOU?????"
7) last but not least... Is this legal or should I begin getting Ansata used
to carrying a leaded blanket?
Carla (miffed in Kentucky-I thought wieght was for the racing horses?)
Ansata (Its bad enuff I have to carry your lard butt around!)
Haley (standing by the fire plug for you mom!)
Rob (would you like my wife original or extra crispy?)