Re: RC: Diatomaceous earth

In a message dated 5/25/00 2:35:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

<< I just asked Sylvia the same thing, privately, thinking that I was
 probably the only one on ridecamp that didn't know what this was. I'm
 being attacked by ants in my home and they are building bridges over the
 water I put the dog and cat food in---These suckers are TOUGH!!! >>

As I get more info from the other list, I'll pass it along.  I bet some of
the braniacs on RC know more about this stuff than I do.  I like the idea of
fly (or red ant) control that can't hurt my dogs/cats/horses/kids.  From what
I understand the DE is abrasive and when the ants or flies eat it, it kills
them (I'm sure none of us mind flies or ants meeting an unpleasant end, eh?).
 I think you just sprinkle it around the stable area and voila it does the
trick.  The bad news is that it will harm lady bugs and other good insects as
well.  I'm planning on just using it in the stable area and letting the good
guys have the rest of the garden/yard.

Sylvia