Question about rules and respect on ride

I am new to Endurance and have a Endurance prospect,  so I hope *LOL :)  Anyhow, I want to start him in training pretty quick so I can get out and experience endurance myself but I have SOOO many questions!
  First I should ask, is there ANYONE in Northern CA area that teaches Endurance? Or who wouldn't mind taking a newby under there wing for experience? Since I am training my gelding myself, I must say I don't know were to begin on training him, conditioning him , and training myself for Endurance.

    I read a few articles , I included below, about rules and respect on the trail, along with the art of getting lost *LOL
  And I have a few questions. What are the rules when you are out there riding? I can understand its just respect not to run off when  A fellow rider is helping YOU out, but what is the extent to it? Waiting at the water hole for everyone? I think found a blonde strike in my hair for I am clueless *LOL  If anyone could Please bare with me, call me Miss Newby Kim *Winks*         Anyone who knows of some rules of respect they have learned along the rides have any advice? Also what is the average age to start young horses out on there first trail?

Thanks!
Kim
Placerville,CA

"The only problem is she really doesn't understand why I make her wait at
 water holes until other horses are done."

"I have heard plenty of complaints about rude, "newbie" riders on ridecamp
over the years.  I am always thankful that the time I made a rude 'newbie'
mistake.  (situation- starting at back of pack and so was a top rider, we
hit a section where there were 4 gates close together and I assumed that
I should hurry to next gate to open it without asking)  The top rider
bawled me out for unsafe behaviour of running off when someone is
dismounted opening a gate, far as I know she then forgot the incident.
I learned something I've never forgotten, and gained even more respect
for this rider.  If she'd been quiet at the time and I later found out
that I was complained about I suppose I'd still have learned the lesson
but I'd have had a lot of resentment to get over 1st. "