Wrong horses and numbers

We had similiar problems here in South Africa. Last year we introduced a
logbook system for all horses, when applying for a log book people fill in a
detailed form on the horse. The logbook contains a very detailed description
of the horse showing markings etc. Riders are strongly advised to also
include a photo in their logbooks.
When apllying for a logbook the horse's details and number are put onto the
computer. When you enter at a ride the horse's number is typed in by the
person taking the entries and all the horses details come up on screen, the
computer is always right so it does not matter how the person entering
spelled anything and you don't have trouble trying to read bad writing.

Celeste (South Africa)
Mawlud + Snowy + Shadixx.