Re: wrong horse - mileage credit

In a message dated 5/24/00 7:42:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
desertbred@usa.net writes:

<< May i ask which region you are in?  >>

    I'm in the PS Region.  But, if you think it's someone that was already
caught last year, it is not.  But, that rider, set a feel that you can maybe
get away with it.  Do you think?  Argument around this area is that the horse
is 5 on Jan.1 of that year.  The AERC rules plainly state that the horse has
to be 60 months old to enter a 50.  It's very clear.
    What about the rider that wanted to pay their way into an already filled
up ride?  What complaint do you have to stand on?  It hadn't happen yet.  So
all I did was start telling people that were on the waiting list, that this
might happen.  It worked, but it felt like a job that didn't pay well <g>  I
wasn't even planning to enter this ride but someone had to get the word out
to protect the riders that were on the waiting list.  Some of the riders on
the waiting list were ride friends of mine.  I still ask myself if I did the
right thing sticking my nose where I wasn't even involved.  Makes me feel
like an AERC cop!
    About horse's with missed-spelled names or AERC numbers entered wrong, I
feel this is simple.  The computers can filter this out if one of three
enties are entered wrong (filter; number, name, owner)  This is a no brainer!
    As for the ID of the horse that will be ridden in a ride; How do people
feel about a copy of your Reg. papers and for the horses that are not Reg.
What about AERC providing some sort of AERC ID Reg. paper that could be
carried with you when you vet this horse in?  Seems like Competive riders do
this, at least they used to back in the 70's.  Eek, more rules!
    Of course, once again, cheaters make all of us do more policing and make
our Org. provide more rules and regulations for the few chosen above.  This
is what is so exasperating.

Tammy Robinson