Starting from scratch

Ah, fellow Campers,
As we in Egypt rise from the ashes of the first annual Cairo International
(God help us), we contemplate the lessons learned, and the first one is that
we are going to have to do it ourselves. Not being oil-rich sheikhs and all,
we will have to convince local riders to take holidays at training sessions,
invest in videos, and offer to beer and nacho any endurance rider heading
our way who is willing to teach. Actually that offer will go for vets,
farriers, almost anyone. Our erstwhile friends in Dubai have the bucks to
import a lot of talent, but we are going to have to develop it locally. So
if any of you have any ideas on good ways to do this, please.....we are all
ears.  And, seriously, anyone who finds themselves heading this way will
find a gazillion very grateful endurance wannabees ready to hang on their
every word....what an ego-trip!!

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg