Gaited Horses

Nan Crites rdcrites@dbtech.net
I am a previous endurance rider who has not been active the past few years due to medical problems.  I have had the yearning really bad this spring to get back on a horse and ride.  I think that I would be able to do so with a real smooth horse and am considering a gaited horse.  But I know nothing about them.  I am only interested in completing and the comradeship and possibly sponsoring beginning Juniors.  (So many people graciously sponsored my girls when they were growing up.)  What I need is a nice gentle smooth horse that will help take care of me.  Can anyone recommend a certain breed?  We have always had Apps and Welsh Ponies so gaited horses are out of my league.

Thanks for your help and recommendations.

Nan