Re: English Mohair girths

Smith-Worthington Saddlery in Hartford, Ct. sells 100% mohair string girths, and they are available with stainless steel buckles (nickel will eventually rust).  They have a large size range, can't remember what it is exactly, but everything from short dressage length on up.  I've found it best to not have the buckles against the horse, have them up on your pad if possible.  And this goes for any girth, in my experience.

Smith Worthington Saddlery
275 Homestead Ave.
Hartford, CT 06112
(860) 527-9117

--

Regards,  Susan

L. Susan Brown-Leger         Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry Department
email: sbrownleger@whoi.edu                    Mail Stop #25, Clark 410
phone: 508-289-3246                Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
fax:   508-457-2193                                Woods Hole, MA 02543