e-z rides

Hey ya'll,
Rode my daughter's OF tonight, which is very close to identical to mine.
Hers has new e-z rides with the toe guard.  I was having trouble keeping
my foot in them the way I like it, and the side kept hanging on my half
chap.  Came home and measured them and my old ones are 3/8" wider. :-(  I
bought the old ones back when Bob Walsh made them.  Was it the easyboot
people who made them narrower?  Bummer!  I wear a size 7 men's running
shoe,wide and it's a pretty tight fit.  The difference in width made a
big difference in convenience.

Back on the subject of quality and guarantees, some people seemed to
think I should complain to them and demand a replacement.  I don't.  I
have an "Ultimate" torso pak that was also guaranteed for life and I wore
a hole through it.  But it lasted for almost 10 years, with an easyboot
bouncing inside for almost 3000 miles of competition and gosh knows how
many miles of training.  That buckle finally wore through the cloth but
it wasn't their fault. They provided me with a great product that held up
better than any other would have.

The e-z ride stirrups are well made and I'm very happy with the quality.
If they bent it was because they were used darned hard.  They could make
them out of cast iron so they'd never bend, but I wouldn't want them.
You have to make trade offs and the balance between sturdiness and weight
is a good one.  I'm not happy about the new ones being narrower, but
other than that, I'd go buy another pair in a minute.

 How wide are those Clouds ya'll keep talking about? Do they come with a
cage?

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.