Trails Workshop in PA

I saw this announcment on another list I subscribe to. I hope there are some
riders planning to attend.

Sally Aungier
Va.

<SNIP>

Subject: Greenways Workshop

The Pennsylvania Environmental Council and the North Branch Land Trust are
hosting the third "How to Grow a Greenways" workshop in June 14, 2000 at
the Best Hotel at Victoria Centre in Pittston Township in Luzerne County.

The agenda for the one day workshop is

8:30 -9:00 Registration

9:00-9:15 Welcomes, Thomas Makowski, Luzerne County Commissioner

9:15-9:45 Keynote:  Dr. Larry Nielson,  Director of School of Forest
Resources, Penn State University

9:45-10:00  Trails and Greenways of Northeastern PA- An Update

10:00- 10:15 Break

10:15-12:00  Economic Benefits of Open Space Preservation (panel discussion)
Speakers:  Bill Elmendorf, Penn State University
    Jonathan Johnson, Center for Rural PA
    Janet Lussennhopp, 10,000 Friends of PA
    Beth Pillings, Montgomery County Planning Commission

12:00-1:00 Lunch
speaker over lunch - Wyoming Valley Wellness Trails Partnership" update,
Dr, Roger Landry, Wyoming Valley Healthcare System

1:00-4:00 How to Create a Regional Trail Allaince (panel discussion)
Speakers:  Linda Boxx, Alleghany Trail Alliance
    Laurie Lafontaine, SW PA Heritage Preservcation Commission
    Harry J. Tucci, Jr.  Rails to Trail Legacy Foundation

Registration Fee - $35.00 ( includes lunch)

For more information or to register contact

Pa Environmental Council
Julie McMonagle or Angie Vitkowski
129 S. Franklin St.
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18708