sharing a ride

Food for thought for anyone sharing a ride .
If you are asking to share a ride for your horse and yourself offer to
pay all or most of the gas. The gas is the cheap part. Wear and tear on
tires , insurance, oil changes, licensing and maintanance cost lots.
It costs quite a bit of money to maintain a rig and it costs a lot of
money to buy one.
I could sure buy alot of gas for someones rig for what I have invested
in mine.(and I could sleep on the way home)
Just my 2 cents worth:-D
Paddi