RC: ABU DHABI MILLENIUM CUP

This is from Paul:

I have a strong premonition that the Arabs (UAE) will show up at the Great
American Horse Race with a team of serious contenders.  I would expect an
effort not unlike the pre-war teamwork of Mercedes Benz and Auto Union in
Gran Prix road racing.  It will be state sponsored (Royal family).  When
they brought Tom Ivers on board that clinched it for me.

When the Arabs are ready *they* will put endurance into the
Olympics.  Let's face it - they can afford to buy their way in if they
decide they want to and they will want to when they're ready to take the
gold.  Look at the tremendous effort they are investing in horses, people
and facilities in the last 5 years.  That adds up to a goal of world
domination, and the Olympics.  We (AERC/US endurance riders) are going to
be dragged along for the ride.  Whoopee!  To finish is to win.  Paul

Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   http://www.fasterhorses.com
   Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
Internet Research * WebArt * Fine Art
Nutrition and alternatives for self-reliant people
Quemado, NM  USA