Re: RC: Vet Question?

I had a mare with those too. The substance which is inside was "gritty".
My vet didn't know what they were and a biopsy showed nothing
identifiable. They appeared to be painless even under the girth and
spread nowhere else so I just left them alone finally.  I wondered if
they were caused by heat. Never did get a diagnosis. Kim Black

"guest@endurance.net" wrote:

> Denise seeherfly@earthlink.net
> To any Veterenarian that might be willing to take a shot at what
> my horse might have growing on him:
>
> In his girth area I have found some bumps.  They are about the
> size of a piece of barley(I couldn't think of anything else).
> They are not warts but more like a zit, kind of hard and a guy
> at the barn squeezed on and kind of a harder little wad of light
> colored stuff came out.  He smooshed it so it was not rock hard.
> I know this is vague but I am doing my best here.  I can't afford
> to have him vet checked right now but will scrape it up if any
> one thinks it's necessary.  I want to know if there is something
> topical I can put on these "zits" that might clear them up??
>
> Thank you for your help!  Denise
> PS No hair coming out with these and they are under the skin, not
> scabby.

--VAA02255.947913819/concord.televar.com--

--------------0035989E9661A3E17FF5EA1D--