Re: RC: Re: Rabies

Yes but Duncan (and you do make a good point, however . . .) some of us
believe that vaccinating people and animals, particularly with "live"
vaccines, not only puts the vaccinated people and animals at risk . . . but
ALSO puts anyone who comes into contact with them at risk.  To put it briefly
(and thus not quite as accurately as I would like, but it will suffice),
there is evidence that vaccinated people/animals can become "inapparent
carriers" of viruses, which are passed to others via contact.  Vaccines are
foreign, toxic substances within the body, and the body will try to eliminate
these substances any way possible.  Vaccinated people "shed" virus massively
for several weeks after they've been vaccinated.  I feel that one of the
biggest health threats to my non-vaccinated daughter is recently vaccinated
children.  This is a part of the reason I homeschool my daughter . . . to
limit this exposure.  All playmates and relatives have been asked to notify
us whenever thier children receive vaccinations, and they very graciously
comply.  My daughter is also very, very good at washing her hands very
frequently and thoroughly.
     So . . . your claim to moral imperatives towards protecting others is a
good one, but is no answer, for it too, alas, is a sword with two edges.

<<
 Rabies vaccines have reduced the domestic animal rabies incidence. As to
 whether the cycle should be 3 years (which it is in Washington - and I think
 the 3 year vaccine may be different than the 1 year vaccine) or 1 year or
 some other number is an honest debate. But it also gets tangled with product
 liability. If you want somewhat higher risk for longer timeframes, you also
 have to eliminate the financial risks to the vaccine manufacturers from
 lawsuits when in a particular animal the vaccine is not effective for that
 time frame. (Not likely to be common, but if a large number of people have
 to go through treatment and couple slip through the cracks and die, what is
 the liability for a product that wholesales for a couple of bucks.)  Then
 another financial interest gets involved.

 No good answers. >>

Trish Marie
Grand Blanc, Michigan