Thorns or stickers in the leg.

Sheri Thompson magical44@hotmail.com
My horse apparently has some sort of thorn or sticker stuck in the back of her ankle towards the top.  Her leg became slightly swollen with heat and the shoer saw a small scab where both he and the vet think a thorn or sticker went in.  The leg did not swell until about a week after it went in.  I have been putting a black salve on the area to help draw it out.  The vet had me put her on anitbiotics incase there was an infection.  The shoer told me that sometimes the sticker will stick into the tendon and will have to be surgically removed.  The vet said that if the sticker is just moving around in the leg in some cases it can be surgically removed and sometimes it will just be obsorbed by the body.

Has anyone else had this type of situation?  Please advise as to what you did for your horse and what the outcome was.  Thanks.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-